The UTMB® is a trail-running event for trail-runners from all over the world. Each year, the elite of the trail-running world find themselves in Chamonix to participate in one of the event's 5 races.
You can Follow all the runners live on the UTMB website
La Petite Trotte à Léon (PTL)
A hallucinatory and non competitive event! A "grand" tour of Mont Blanc adding high passes, often higher than 2,500 metres and with some delicate passages. If you like solitude, solidarity and total adventure, that is the reason for trying it once.
This ultra-endurance pedestrian event leads participants on a large tour of Mont-Blanc,taking high routes, without way-markers on the ground, which necessitates the sense of orientation on and off paths.
Its conception is original and its unusual specificities distinguish it from other races. The spirit of the PTL® depends upon mental engagement, an adventurous team spirit as well as sporting values and also those of the mountains.
- An event without final positions and in complete autonomy, to be realised by teams of 3 (or 2) inseparable runners. The total number of runners will be limited to 300.
- The route is different each year, not way marked but simply mapped (GPS waypoints are provided). So as to progress in security competitors must be able to master navigation with a GPS and also have sufficient knowledge in map reading, the use of a compass and of an altimeter.
- Around 300km and 28,000 metres of positive height gain
- Maximum authorized time: 141 hours
- Start from Chamonix Monday August 22nd at 9:00