Thursday, June 9, 2016

North America's Biggest Operators in the Ski Business (4): Intrawest


Intrawest was founded in 1976 as a privately funded real estate development company. In 2006, Intrawest was purchased by Fortress Investment Group, a private equity investment company (The total value of the transaction was approximately $2.8 billion).
In 2010 Intrawest made a partial sale of Whistler Blackcomb, in order to reduce its debt load. This was achieved t through a public offering of shares of Whistler Blackcomb Holdings Inc on the Toronto Stock Exchange in 2010. The net outcome of the reorganization is that Whistler Blackcomb Holdings is the managing partner and controls 75% interest in each of Whistler Mountain Resort Limited Partnership and Blackcomb Skiing Enterprises Limited Partnership which, together, carry on the company's four season mountain resort business The remaining 25% of the partnerships are owned by Nippon Cable. Intrawest sold its remaining 24% stake in Whistler Blackcomb to KSL Capital Partners in 2012.
Previously, Intrawest has sold its Mountain Creek Resort in Sussex County (New Jersey), Copper Mountain, Panorama resort, B.C., the Village at Squaw Valley and the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.
Intrawest mountain resorts are geographically diversified across most of North America’s major ski regions, including the Eastern United States, the Rocky Mountains, and Canada. The Company also operates an adventure travel business, the cornerstone of which is Canadian Mountain Holidays, a leading heli-skiing adventure company in North America. Additionally, the Company operates a comprehensive real estate business through which it manages, markets and sells vacation club properties; manages condominium hotel properties; and sells and markets residential real estate.
is a developer and operator of destination resorts and a luxury adventure travel company.
The company owns and operates the mountain resorts of Blue Mountain in Ontario, Snowshoe in West Virginia, Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation in Colorado, Stratton in Vermont, Tremblant in Quebec (Canada), and Winter Park Resort in Colorado.
Intrawest also markets and sells real estate at its North American mountain resorts through its business, Playground. Intrawest also manages Honua Kai Resort & Spa, located in Maui Hawaii and The Westin Monache at Mammoth, both condominium hotel properties
Intrawest's headquarters are located in Denver, Colorado.
Intrawest Resorts Holdings, Inc. common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: SNOW).

Intrawest Owned Mountain Resorts:

Blue Mountain, Ontario
Snowshoe, West Virginia
Steamboat, Colorado
Stratton, Vermont
Tremblant, Quebec
Winter Park Resort, Colorado

Intrawest also owns a 15% interest in Mammoth, California.


No comments: