Sunday, January 24, 2016

Henrik Kristoffersen Wins Kitzbühel Slalom


Amazing performance from Henrik Kristoffersen. He takes his 5th slalom win of the season at Hahnenkamm-Rennen KitzbühelMarcel Hirscher 2nd +0.03 and Fritz Dopfer 3rd +0.45.

Kristoffersen, who was only 12th after the first run due to two big mistakes, laid down an aggressive second run and made up enough time to win his first Hahnenkamm slalom.
"I think this is one of the best second runs I've ever done in my entire life. That was insane", said Kristoffersen. "I'm the first one to win Adelboden, Wengen and Kitzbuehel in the same season, and this is really unbelievable for me. This is really cool!".
Only +0.03 behind, Austria’s superstar Marcel Hirscher was close to beat Kristoffersen. Nevertheless, the 4x overall world cup winner is happy about his performance.
"Being part of the podium here in Kitzbuehel is always a really great feeling", said Hirscher. "For sure, my first reaction was, 'ahh, come on! Once again, this little kid from Norway!' I am really impressed with his skiing and he reminds me of the years when I was on the top of my game. I think Henrik is in the place where he can win seven, eight, nine slalom races this season".
Fritz Dopfer, who was leading after the first run, could not keep up with his strong first run, but managed to grasp the last spot on the podium.
"I am pretty happy, especially first run was amazing", said Dopfer. "Second run also really good. It was pretty tough in the second run, the slope conditions changed a lot, it was just a real fight. I am really happy and confident with third place".

No comments: