Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hat Trick for Norway in Wengen: Henrik Kristoffersen Wins Slalom


The 86th Lauberhornrennen are now in the books. After Kjetil Jansrud’s win in the Alpine Combined, Aksel Lund Svindal’s win in the Downhill, another Norwegian was expected to lead today’s Slalom in Wengen: Henrik Kristoffersen. And the current carrier of the red leader bib totally lived up to expectations and set the pace in both runs.
"I had a pretty good feeling the whole way. I pushed really hard both in the first and second run. It's kind of tiring, but the feeling was good for sure. It's a little strange for me too. I'm a little surprised because I'm usually a little bit more of a technical skier, but I'm skiing pretty OK at the moment so I'm pretty happy", said Kristoffersen.
The new king of Slalom was followed by an Italian duo. After being unlucky at the beginning of the season, the Olympic winner from Vancouver 2010 finally laid down two strong runs and could claim the second position + 0.30 off Kristoffersen’s pace. With this podium, Razzoli now takes over the 6thposition in the 2015/16 slalom ranking.
"It's important because from the start of the season, I ski very well and very fast. I'm not lucky in Val d'Isere, fourth in Campiglio, mistake in Santa Caterina, and now I am on the podium. It's important for this, I am very happy for my skiing and it's OK for the next time", said Razzoli.
Rounding up the podium today in Wengen was Stefano Gross, by finishing 0.68 seconds behind. 5th of the first run, Stefano Gross pushed hard in the second run to finally earn his first podium of the season. The Italian likes the Berner Oberland, especially since he grabbed his only World Cup win so far in Adelboden.
"It’s great to be on the podium, especially since it’s unexpected on this flat slope, which is not really adapted to my skiing. Today I managed to ski how I ski in the training, attack and see what happens. I had a good feeling and the result followed naturally", said Gross.

No comments: