Sunday, December 6, 2015

Marcel Hirscher Wins Giant Slalom in Beaver Creek


Marcel Hirscher clocked the fastest time in today's Giant Slalom and earned his 33th World Cup victory. "I'm always skiing against the time, not against Ted, or Felix, or whoever else. I'm always searching for the perfect turns, and maybe I can be faster than the best time or as close as possible to the best time. In general, I'm happy with my skiing so far and hopefully I can bring this momentum back to Europe".
The trip to Colorado was definitively worth for Hirscher, since he already won Saturday’s super-G.
"It’s always worth to come to Beaver Creek, especially under these perfect conditions. But the expectations are definitively bigger than a few years ago, a lot of things changed, so we’re really happy that we could keep up. Yesterday’s super-g win was already a big step for me, and today’s giant slalom just crowned this week-end with success".
In second place, Frenchman Victor Muffat-Jeandet claims his first giant slalom World Cup ever, +0.98 off the leader’s time.
"My first run showed me that I’m on the right way but then I had to bring in down in the second run. Last year I often had a good run and an average one, so I’m happy that I’m finally able to build a podium placement on two solid runs. I think this is a special step for me, but every single ski race is different and you need to be able to adapt. I’ll analyse my runs and try to use this for next week’s races in Val d’Isère".
Henrik Kristoffersen rounded up the podium +1.31 behind Hirscher, and just +0.01 ahead of 4th-placed Andre Myhrer.
"It was an exciting race, especially between Myhrer and me, we are only +0.01 apart, that’s tight! It’s not a hill that suits me very well, it’s pretty flat, so I’m very happy with my 3rd place today. I could have skied a little faster in the first run, I made some tactical mistakes going to high in the line, but the second run was pretty good".

No comments: