Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Frida Hansdotter Tops Slalom Podium in Lienz


The last World Cup Slalom race in 2015 saw Frida Hansdotter winning by a mere 0.07 seconds margin. In the lead after the first run, she finished in a combined time of 1:47.02 seconds to edge out her rivals.
Swiss Wendy Holdener finished in second place.
Slovakia's Petra Vlhova emerge again for the second time in the season and was the fastest in the second run finishing in third place 0.43 seconds out.
Frida Hansdotter was the only woman who finished on the podium in all three first slalom races but was still chasing her first win of the season, her career third.
"It was a very tight race and I knew it when getting into the start, I really had to go for it at every single gate", said Hansdotter. "It feels very good to be on top of the podium (...) I started well but struggled a little bit in the end in the steep part. It was an amazing feeling when I saw the green light after crossing the finish line".
Second after the first run, Wendy Holdener held her nerve and raced to her third career World Cup podium.
"It feels great like the first one", Holdener said. "It’s awesome to be back. I had some problems at the start of the season, but I have always some problems at the start. So yeah, it’s nice to be back. And now some slalom races are coming, so let’s go!".
"I gave my best", she added. "I was in the start and I knew Michaela was out, so yeah, I thought let’s go – full gas and you want to go on the top, and I was really happy that I did it".
After claiming her first World Cup victory in Are (SWE), 20-year-old Petra Vlhova confirmed her scintillating form and was the fastest of the second run to claim another top-three finish.
"It was amazing", confessed Vlhova. "My second podium, so I’m very happy because I think I was really fast in second run".


No comments: