Sunday, November 29, 2015

Svindal Also Wins First SG of the Season in Lake Louise


The hero of the first speed races of the Audi FIS Ski World Cup 2015/16 is indubitably Aksel Lund Svindal. After winning Saturday’s downhill, the attacking Viking also sets the pace of the Sunday’s super-g and shows that he should definitively be on the short list for the speed standings this season. "It feels perfect. I was hoping I would be fast, maybe good enough to win races, but winning both that’s different, so I’m super super happy about that. To ski fast builds confidence. It’s been a really good week-end in Lake Louise and if I can keep going like this, which doesn’t necessarily mean winning but fighting for the wins, that’s all you can ask for".
In second place, the Matthias Mayer could step up his game and claim a 3rd consecutive Super-G podium in Lake Louise. "It’s not easy at the beginning of the season, you have to push really hard and give everything. Aksel was the fastest this year, he already was two years ago, last year it was Kjetil, so it’s the third time a Norwegian beats me in Lake Louise. I hope it’s going to be better next year and that I’ll be able to win this race", said the Austrian athlete.
After a 2nd place in yesterday’s downhill, Peter Fill claimed a 3rd place today. The Italian racer is very happy about this boost of confidence and hopes to be able to keep up through the whole season. "It’s a perfect start into the season. To ear two podiums in two days is very special for me. I’m satisfied that the hard work during the summer preparation has paid off already in the first races of the season. I hope I can keep up during the season. I really like the hill in Beaver Creek, the course really suits me well. I hope I can claim similar results there".
The Super-G concludes the men’s week in Lake Louise (CAN). Outstanding weather and exceptional number of spectators provided a perfect background for the ski racing action. More than 4500 people were present on Saturday, 3500 on Sunday and over 600 at the ceremony on Saturday.

No comments: