Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Ladies FIS Ski World Cup Overall Title Update

We are facing the last part of the season and the Ladies FIS Ski World Cup Overall title is a thrilling battle between the two dominant skiers, Anna Fenninger and Tina Maze.


In the last race at Bansko Tina Maze bounced back from disappointing recent World Cup results with her second runner-up spot in two days, amassing precious points in the battle for the overall.
"I had three zeros on my account in my last three World Cup races", Maze commented. "I am happy I managed to secure some points theses two days. Being on the podium twice here was really important for me and my self-confidence. Now I feel good and I am happy about it".
Tina Maze holds the lead of the World Cup overall standings 1145-1101 over Anna Fenninger. "To have one more discipline for sure helps, but it is so easy to loose points like I did in Maribor and St-Moritz", Maze said. "Now I just have to ski fast and we will see what happens at end".


Anna Fenninger has won the last three races she has entered since returning from her successful campaign at the World Championships in Vail-Beaver Creek.A day after winning the first World Cup alpine combined of her career, she added another victory. This time it was in super G, only the second time she has won in that discipline on the World Cup tour. The steep and turny Bansko course was designed for the technicians much like the Beaver Creek Raptor course utilized for the World Championship race, which Fenninger also won.
"I am in really good shape now and I want to show it everyday. That's my motivation (...) The course was difficult and technical, which suits me well. The track was hard and we could feel the snow under the skis", said Fenninger.
In the overall table, the Austrian only trails Maze by 44 points now. "It's close now, but I don't know if it is possible win it (...) I'll simply try to keep on going like this and will see what happens. I cannot tell for now".
The Ladies now move onto Garmisch for a downhill and super G next weekend.
With only three weeks of races left, the Overall title will be decided on the final day.

Garmisch Partenkirchen (GER)
March 7th Downhill / Ladies
March 8th Super G / Ladies

Are (SWE)
March 13th Giant Slalom / Ladies
March 14th Slalom / Ladies

Méribel the french ski resort located at the heart of the 3 Valleys, will give France the opportunity to host for the first time the Skiing World Cup Finals from the 18th to the 22nd March 2015.

No comments: