Here are the winners of the NSAA 2013/14 National Safety Awards:
- Best Overall Safety Program (350,000 or more visits): Beaver Creek Resort, Colo.
- Best Overall Safety Program (Up to 350,000 visits): Stratton Mountain, Vt.
- Best Use of New/Social Media Steamboat Resort, Colo.
- Best Safety Month Program: Arizona Snowbowl, Ariz.
- Best Terrain Park Safety Program: Copper Mountain, Colo.
- Best Avalanche Education Program: Vail Mountain, Colo.
- Best Helmet Safety Program: Red Lodge Mountain Resort, Mont.
- Best Employee Involvement: Holiday Valley Resort, NY
- Best Employee Education (Tie): Hunter Mountain, NY and Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort, Ore.
- Best Community Outreach: Pebble Creek Ski Area, Idaho
- Best Chairlift Program: Sun Valley Resort, Idaho
- Most Creative Safety Initiative: Keystone Resort, Colo.
The winning programs will be highlighted in the summer issue of the NSAA Journal.
The National Ski Areas Association (NSAA), headquartered in Lakewood, Colorado, is the trade association for ski area owners and operators. Formed in 1962, NSAA today represents 332 alpine resorts that account for more than 90 percent of the skier/snowboarder visits nationwide. Additionally, it has more than 400 supplier members who provide equipment, goods, and services to the mountain resort industry.