Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Markus Eder Winning Line at the Swatch Freeride World Tour Courmayeur 2013



At the second stop of the 2013 Swatch Freeride World Tour by The North Face (FWT), the international field of elite athletes threw down a spectacular show combining big mountain charging with impressive tricks on the “Tête d’Arp”, never ridden in competition before.
Italy’s Markus Eder clinched the skiers’ win with a score of 89,67 points, executing the most playful run of the day. As a late start number Eder chose a unique line entry, skiing down the ridge before hitting the steep face in controlled high-speed big mountain style. He then impressed the judges with an arsenal of tricks on the second half of the venue, pulling off a backflip, a huge left side 360 and even riding switch (backwards). On his first year on the tour, young Eder was definitely the biggest crowd pleaser of the day on home turf. "I’m stoked with my line. I didn’t expect to win as I did a little mistake on my backflip. I hoped to be on the podium but to win is really fantastic".

No comments: