Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jérémy Prévost Line at Kirkwood, California

The Top Freeride World Tour 2011 athletes were in the Lake Tahoe for the third event of the Tour. The North American Freeskiing Championships Kirkwood 2011 by Swatch, The North Face and Sierra Nevada took place on two days at Kirkwood ski station located just south of California’s Lake Tahoe (USA). The Freeride World Tour was back for a third year in California’s Sierra Nevada, a real hub for big mountain skiing in the USA. One of the tour’s young rookies, Jérémy Prévost from France (22 years old), qualified from the Freeride World Qualifier ranking last season, just missed out on the podium by placing fourth. With his impressive performance he now claims the top spot of the Freeride World Tour 2011 ranking. " I was really happy with my run. Going into today's event I knew I was leading the FWT riders so I didn't want to take too many risks. I spotted a big cliff but when I saw the landing was full of sharks I decided to hit a lot of little jumps with speed instead. It's the North American Freeskiing Championships so I still wanted to ski a good line", said Jérémy Prévost.

No comments: