Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Janette Hargin Winning Line at the Nissan Xtreme Verbier 2011 by Swatch

The world’s best riders put on a great show on Sunday as they tested their skills against freeriding’s most legendary face, the Bec des Rosses in Verbier, Switzerland. Today’s event determined who would ride away with the title of 2011 Freeride World Tour Champion. In front of 7000 cheering spectators, men and women skiers and snowboarders attacked the steep, 600-meter face in a technical battle that challenged the complete skills of every rider.
The women skiers stepped up and put on a remarkable show on Sunday with the highest level of riding ever seen on the Freeride World Tour. Former Olympic Swedish ski racer Janette Hargin stunned the crowd with a fluid line that included several cleanly landed cliff drops. Her incredible performance earned her today’s win and the 2011 Freeride World Champion crown. "I’m just so happy I can’t describe it. I was pretty nervous this morning and I just tried to keep it together. I had a good plan but I was not really sure if I would find my way down. But I made it, I found my cliffs, stomped my landings and skied with a pretty good flow. This venue fits perfectly for the girls and this is the way to continue, to find a venue that is a little bit easier than the men’s and that way everyone is charging and you get better skiing", said Hargin.

No comments: