Monday, March 7, 2011

Flo Orley Winning line at the Nissan Russian Adventure Sochi 2011

Due to the abundance of great snow the Freeride World Tour athletes enjoyed a great powder days on the Nissan Russian Adventure Sochi 2011, at Rosa Khutor ski station, the future alpine site of the 2014 Winter Olympics. The good conditions inspired the world’s top freeriders to display creative riding and fast lines with big airs and spectacular tricks.
Flo Orley battled his way to the top of the snowboard category, closely followed by his fellow countryman Mitch Toelderer (AUT) in second. "I had so much fun these last few days with a lot of good riding and I loved the first contest day. But after all that riding I was so tired this morning, both physically and mentally, and could not find my normal riding flow. I am really happy that I still managed to do so well! It is crazy being first in the overall ranking. This winter I had some of the most fun snowboarding ever and if I keep having fun the good results will continue. Hopefully all the way to the end!", Orley said. Austrian Snowboarder is now leading the overall ranking, with two more contests to go before the 2011 Freeride World Champions will be determined in Verbier, Switzerland, 19 March.

No comments: