Monday, March 21, 2011

Aurélien Ducroz winning Line at the Nissan Xtreme Verbier 2011 by Swatch

The world’s best riders put on a great show on Sunday as they tested their skills against freeriding’s most legendary face, the Bec des Rosses in Verbier, Switzerland. Today’s event determined who would ride away with the title of 2011 Freeride World Tour Champion. In front of 7000 cheering spectators, men and women skiers and snowboarders attacked the steep, 600-meter face in a technical battle that challenged the complete skills of every rider.
Out of the five men skiers who were still in contention for the men’s overall ski title, it was Aurélien Ducroz (FRA) who skied the best line of the day with an outstanding run including two massive cliff drops and fast, confident riding on this challenging face. His performance was good enough to win him not only the top spot on the “Xtreme” podium but also the 2011 Freeride World Champion title. "Everything went perfect for me today. I was really surprised nobody went on my line and thought to myself, ‘You guys gave me a big present!’ I jumped two big cliffs; the second was even bigger than last year. I love the Bec des Rosses because it requires very technical skiing and I’m so happy to win here. I’ve been waiting for this title. Now I can go with a light heart into my sailing season", said Aurélien.

No comments: