Friday, February 25, 2011

Are to Host Ladies' FIS World Cup Events

This weeskend, Are (Sweden) will be hosting the Audi FIS Alpine Ski World Cup .
The ski resort Åre is one of Northern Europes most attractive ski resorts, with a long tradition and heart for skiing. Åre ski resort, is located 650 km northwest of Stockholm, and actually comprises three villages, Duved/Tegefjäll to the west, Åre in the middle and Åre Björnen. You will be surprised to discover a small village with both historical landmarks as "Bergbanan" at the Åre square and the modern atmosphere with great restaurants and shops with high class fashion. The village with its surrounding mountain, Åreskutan, will create a stunning backdrop for the Arenas of the World Cup Finals 2009.
SkiStar owns and operates Åre. Company's operations in Åre include the ski area, seven ski rentals and a ski school. Approximately 35% of the land on which operations in the ski area are conducted is owned by SkiStar and the remaining 65% is leased for between 30 and 50 years.
SkiStar is one of the leading resort operators in the world and the largest company in the Scandinavian Ski Industry (Company’s market share of ski-pass sales in Scandinavia amounts to 43%). The Group owns and operates alpine destinations in Sälen, Åre and Vemdalen in Sweden, and Hemsedal and Trysil in Norway. The Company’s market share of ski-pass sales in Scandinavia amounts to 43%.

No comments: