Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Xavier De Le Rue winning line Video at Nissan Xtreme by Swatch - Verbier

The breathtaking performance of Frenchman Xavier de Le Rue, took them to the first step of the 2010 Freeride World Tour podium. The win in Verbier gave enough points for Xavier de Le Rue to score top position in the men’s snowboard ranking 2010. For the third executive year, the unbeatable Frenchman was crowned World Champion.
"Xavier's run was the fastest of the day. He took an original line and jumped a huge cliff that has never been jumped before in the 15 years of the Xtreme! The jump was at least 10 metres in one of the steepest and most committed parts of the face. He negotiated it perfectly, and managed slough and speed impressively", said Head Judge Snowboard Berti Denervaud.
"I was here already 3-4 weeks ago and to inspect this line. When I came back last weekend I saw that it was in good condition. I knew it would be hairy but I felt confident. For me the most interesting aspect of the Freeride World Tour is that we inspect the faces really thoroughly. For days I concentrate on just one thing: my line, which never happens when filming or freeriding for myself. I manage to ride things I would never do otherwise. Everything in my run was meticulously planned – I knew there would be a lot of slough (surface snow sliding) as it was really steep so I needed a lot of speed and take the jump straight in the falline", said Xavier.