Saturday, March 13, 2010

Winter X Games Europe: I-Pod Iouri Podladtchikov wins SuperPipe Gold

Friday night's Men's Snowboard SuperPipe final may have been the best pipe contest of the year. I-Pod became the second person to ever land a Double McTwist 1260 and scored a monsterous 98.0 to win gold at the Winter X Games Europe. Mathieu Crepal took silver with a 95.00 and Louie Vito took bronze with 92.33. After a disappointing fourth in the Vancouver Olympics last month, iPod said, "I feel a little relieved as the Olympics was a bit of a downer for me and this was amazing (...) I started learning [the double McTwist] just last week and amazingly managed to do it on my second try", said I-pod.
The french resort of Tignes was chosen to host for the first time in Europe this key event in freestyle ski and snowboard. For 3 days, from March 10th to 12th 2010, the world’s very best freestylers were competing in Tignes.