Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Shannan Yates winning line at Nissan Tram Face

Snowboarder Shannan Yates was the winner at Nissan Tram Face (Squaw Valley, USA) the thrid stage of the Freeride World Tour. The event took place on the Silverado venue. With its playful terrain the riders put up a great show for the hundreds of cheering locals, pushing the limits with a ‘best of two runs’ format.
"Shannan came directly from winning the North Face Snowboard Masters in Kirkwood yesterday and had a fast and solid run with several clean jumps. Impressive!", said Head Judge Snowboard Xavier Jordan.
"After winning the North Face Masters series yesterday, I got here in Squaw at 10:30pm and didn’t sleep all night. I got up at 5:30 to take the first Tram. For me, my first line was flawless. I stuck the landings, went fast and had fun. I did 3 hikes yesterday for 2 venue runs; I spent all the energy I had on my first run today and I’m happy!", said Shannan Yates.
The next and final stage of the Freeride World Tour will be held in Verbier on March 20. 15 years of passion for freeriding, 15 years of great sports performances at its highest level will be celebrated at the "grande finale" of the Freeride World Tour 2010: the Nissan Xtreme by Swatch. For the occasion the 15 former winners of the event have been invited by the organisers. The elite of freeride will once again tackle the mythical North Face of the Bec des Rosses.