Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kaj Zackrisson winning line Video at Nissan Xtreme by Swatch - Verbier

Kaj Zackrisson took victory, third win at the "Xtreme", after a tight struggle with french rider Aurélien Ducroz. "It was so tight between the first two riders Kaj and Aurélien. They skied more or less the same line but Kaj jumped one more cliff where Aurélien skied around. For the rest they both skied fast, fluid and stomped all the jumps in the extremely committed terrain, and taking the huge 'Gilles Voirol' cliff in the middle clean. Just amazing", said Seb Michaud, Judge Ski and injured FWT Rider.
"The Xtreme is my biggest goal every year. It means a lot to me. When I train in the autumn I think of this face and this competition. I am always very nervous before the contest and have a hard time sleeping the night before. This year it was even more difficult as I had a great run on Saturday and had to redo my performance. I was so focused for my first run (Saturday) and it was hard to switch on once again. My favourite riders of the day were Xavier de Le Rue, always pushing the limits but always with such control, Sverre Liliequist because he opened a new really committed line, and Aurélien Ducroz because he just skied an exceptional run", said Kaj.