JH Tapped is the first app tailored to an individual resort and allows users to pinpoint their location on the actual Jackson Hole trail map, not a hard-to-read topographical or satellite map.
JH Tapped also provides current weather and snow conditions, resort webcam views, and real-time lift status information, as well as a built-in directory for Teton Village services and amenities.
JH Tapped was conceived and developed by Dan and Ingrid Miller, Jackson Hole locals and resort employees. "We have taken full advantage of the iPhone’s capabilities", said Dan Miller, "and I think people will be impressed by the app’s features". JH Tapped will be an indispensable guide to Jackson Hole this winter for both first time visitors and seasoned locals.
Free preview version is now available on the iPhone App Store. The 2009-2010 complete version; JH Tapped 2010, will be available in early November and will offer even more features including: an interface for uploading logs to Facebook and enhanced location capabilities that use the iPhone’s built-in compass to display the direction the user is facing or travelling.
- Locate yourself on the Jackson Hole trail map—-not a hard-to-read GPS map.
- Locate your friends on the trail map and let them locate you, courtesy of Fire Eagle location sharing services.
- Record your tracks and log your vertical distance. Display your runs on the trail map or view them in Google Earth.
- Find up-to-date information about the mountain, including snow conditions, weather, and webcam images.
- Get up-to-the-minute information about lift status and amenities.
- Quickly find information about lessons and other programs.
- Easily contact key places in the resort with the built in directory.
- Learn facts, statistics and history of the resort.