Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The mythical Tram Face left untouched... for now

The Nissan Tram Face (Squaw Valley, USA), second stage of the Freeride World Tour, ends with the cancellation of the second day. The organizers were obliged to regretfully cancel the much awaited second day focusing on the quality of the competition and riders’ security. The mythical Tram Face is still to be conquered. After a fantastic first day of competition on the Silverado Face, a winter storm hit the California mountains thus the second day of competition of the Tram Face cannot take place. The first day of competition that took place Friday, February 27th on the Silverado face will be counted as the final results. The points earned for the American stage of the Freeride World Tour greatly changed the Freeride World Ranking (FWR) just before the last stages: the Nissan Freeride de Tignes (March 9th) and the Nissan Xtreme de Verbier (March 21st).
The French skier, Aurelien Ducroz, third in after taking second in the Nissan Russian Adventure in Sochi moves to the top of the Freeride World Ranking. "I am really happy to lead the FWR because this is the first time that I am at the top. There are two stages left; it will be be tough but I prefer to arrive in Europe in first place and keep my lead. I am going to try to stay consistent, to always be on the podium like I have been since the beginning of the season and of course to win. The next two faces are amazing and tough. I really like their profile and I hope to use them to make the difference".