Based upon the wildly successful Gore-Tex TransAlpine-Run in Europe and the TransRockies mountain bike race, the Gore-Tex TransRockies Run is run on a multi-day point-to-point format which allows athletes to access and traverse wild and fantastic scenery, while building camaraderie, overcoming adversity and sharing a singular adventure.
TransRockies Run organizers designed a breathtaking course through an spectacular scenery and the following stages:
- Aug 25, Stage 1: Buena Vista to Vicksburg
- Aug 26, Stage 2: Vicksburg to Twin Lakes (shuttle to Leadville)
- Aug 27, Stage 3: Leadville to Camp Hale
- Aug 28, Stage 4: Camp Hale to Red Cliff
- Aug 29, Stage 5: Red Cliff to Vail
- Aug 30, Stage 6: Vail to Beaver Creek
The Gore-Tex TransRockies Run is organized by TransRockies US Inc. With decades of high level event organization experience including the first World Cup mountain bike events, the TransRockies Team is widely regarded as being among the best in the world of outdoor and adventure sport. The group currently manages the Gore-Tex TransAlpine Run (Europe, founded in 2005), the Jeantex TransAlp Challenge (Europe, founded in 1998), the TransRockies Challenge (Canada, founded in 2002) and the Craft TransGermany Challenge (Founded in 2007).